Skip to main content

Elegant Kennedy Grace Creations Card




Hi everyone, Heidi here, today I have a fairly quick and elegant card for you all that is suitable for all kinds of occasions!

I started by stamping one of the flower images from the Kennedy Grace Creations “Grace’s Little Note” stamp set twice on Copic friendly paper with Memento “Tuxedo Black” ink. Next I coloured the images with my Copic Sketch Markers. I wanted the result to be fairly light so I didn’t put on to many layers. I used the following marker colours: RV10 and RV02, G40, YG17 and G94, B21 and C00.

Then I fuzzy cut both images out with my Fiskars scissors, leaving a small blue space (from the B21 marker). I feel these flowers could be water-lily’s so that’s what I had in mind when I coloured the blue around the images. The following step is to die cut a panel from some white card stock with the middle sized die in the Kennedy Grace Creations “Scalloped Stitched Stacked Rectangle” die set and edging this panel with Memento’s “Summer Sky” ink with a foam applicator tool and bringing the colour inwards just a little.


In the next step I stamped one of the sentiments from the Kennedy Grace Creations “Splendid Roses” stamp set on the same panel as we were working on before using Versafine “Onyx Black” ink and using my MISTI stamping tool. And then it’s already time to put this card together: for my card base I choose a slightly pearlescent warm grey colour (from my local craft store). I die cut a light pink pearlescent panel with one of my rectangle nesting dies and also a slightly smaller white pearlescent panel with a stitched rectangle nesting die. I glued the white and the pink panel together with liquid glue and foam taped these combined panels to the card base with one millimetre thick foam tape. Then I foam taped the blue/white panel with the sentiment on it to the white pearlescent panel, also with one millimetre thick foam tape, and to finish this card I glued on the coloured flower images with liquid glue.

And that finishes today’s card, hope you enjoyed! 



Love and Laughter,
  Photobucket

Comments

  1. Such a beautiful card Heidi! Love the soft glow of the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Layered Card - Featuring Kennedy Grace Creations: Time To Blossom

Hey folks! I'm back to share a card from the Kennedy Grace Creations New Release! The stamp set I used today is the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . I really enjoyed the simplicity of this set. You could totally heat emboss this and do some fabulous watercoloring, but Copic's seems to be the way to go for me lately so that's what I did. I started by stamping the image twice on my card panel. The only masking I did was a tiny bit on the stem. The name of the game was to keep this super simple folks. As I said, I colored the images with Copic's. Another thing I enjoy about the Time To Blossom Stamp Set is that you could choose any colors you wanted. I chose red-violets and yellow-greens, but seriously peeps, whatever floats your boat and it will looks great! To finish off my card, I used a added a couple of hand drawn lines to the background and I stamped a portion of a stamp that is also in the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . That's it! Easy peasy. T

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. All you have to d
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I colored her in with Tombow watercolor markers.  I then added some wink of Stella over the hat band and hair bands to make them pop.  I stamped several of the pumpkins, leaves, acorns and mushrooms coloring them all the same way. I then cut som