Skip to main content

Pop of colour


Hello! Erica on the blog today with my last card for April. Honestly, time is just whooshing past, or is that just me??

Today I thought I'd try something that I find quite hard when it comes to card making and that's monochrome. Yep, black and white. This is my Everest in card making and colouring. I'm usually all about colours, colours, colours!! Especially with the stamps from Kennedy Grace Creations as it's mostly flowers. Well, not one to shirk away from a challenge (even one self-imposed) I had one idea that I pretty much scrapped right away. Mostly because I stamped a flower in the wrong spot on the second stamp so it went into the 'I might look at that later and see what happens' pile. Moving on, as my idea evolved from the mishap, I cut up a square measuring 5"x5" in white card stock. Then I covered the middle with a circle I cut out of masking film. This was more as a guide than anything else though.

Once I was ready to start stamping again, I took the smallest flower in the Grace's Happy Heart stamp set and lined it up so that the bottom was on the circle in the middle and the top flower pointed towards one of the corners. This process I repeated to get flowers pointing towards all the corners of the card stock. With the help of a sheet of acetate and more masking film, I stamped the flower in the gaps between the already stamped ones, covering the top flower. This resulted in eight flowers of various heights and sizes all round the circle.

Cutting another circle, the same size as the masking film circle, in black card stock I dusted it with anti-static powder as I decided to heatemboss the sentiment in white. I chose 'Happy Birthday' from Beautiful Bloom-Sweet Rose (the sentiment doesn't show in the product photo for some reason but it's there) It didn't fit in the circle so I cut it in half and layered them on top of each other instead. Cutting stamps isn't something I make a habit of but it doesn't affect their performance if you do choose to cut them.

I used VersaMark ink to stamp the sentiment, added the embossing powder and set it with my heat gun. This piece I adhered with 3mm thick foam tape to make it stand out and to create dimension. At this point the card was just black and white. Which was what I had set out to do, wasn't it? Eh... I wobbled... and added some pops of colour with a bit of help from the Sunshine On The Daisies sequins mix. It would appear I can't help myself! Oops.

With the panel done, more than I had originally planned on even, I adhered it to a card base which I had cut to 5.5"x5.5" in a lovely linen textured black card stock. With that, I finally decided to stop before I fell for the temptation of adding anything else.









The background I've used for this photo is a brand new Photo Board® from Photo Boards  called Regency and if you fancy getting your own, I have a 10% off discount code for you which is valid until the end of April. But hurry, these are apparently flying out the door!

Happy crafting from Erica

You can find me on Instagram as @erica_cacacraft


Love and Laughter,
  Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Layered Card - Featuring Kennedy Grace Creations: Time To Blossom

Hey folks! I'm back to share a card from the Kennedy Grace Creations New Release! The stamp set I used today is the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . I really enjoyed the simplicity of this set. You could totally heat emboss this and do some fabulous watercoloring, but Copic's seems to be the way to go for me lately so that's what I did. I started by stamping the image twice on my card panel. The only masking I did was a tiny bit on the stem. The name of the game was to keep this super simple folks. As I said, I colored the images with Copic's. Another thing I enjoy about the Time To Blossom Stamp Set is that you could choose any colors you wanted. I chose red-violets and yellow-greens, but seriously peeps, whatever floats your boat and it will looks great! To finish off my card, I used a added a couple of hand drawn lines to the background and I stamped a portion of a stamp that is also in the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . That's it! Easy peasy. T

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. All you have to d
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I colored her in with Tombow watercolor markers.  I then added some wink of Stella over the hat band and hair bands to make them pop.  I stamped several of the pumpkins, leaves, acorns and mushrooms coloring them all the same way. I then cut som